- 2nd or 3rd DUI in 5 years
- No violent convictions
- No convictions for selling or distributing a controlled substance
- Need for treatment
- Solicitor-General screens and refers
- Court Coordinator reviews and submits referrals to treatment provider for evaluation.
- Once approved, the next step is to meet with the DUI Court Coordinator to review the handbook and complete the DUI Court Contract .
- The participant is then given a plea offer and scheduled for arraignment.
- Guilty plea, sentencing and confinement.
- Report to probation and treatment within 24 hours of release.
- 3 Phase process average time length of 12-18 months
- Weekly Group Sessions, AA/NA meetings and random drug and alcohol testing
- Individual counseling
- Frequent and random substance abuse testing
- Residence compliance checks
- Ensure accountability
- Monitor for non-compliance
- Progressive sanctions for regression that may or may not involve incarceration or detention
- Reward positive phase progression